Press AssistantApply Job ID 17625 Date posted Sep. 09, 2020 Location Lufkin, Texas Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Press Assistant will remove printed materials from the press, stack/count bundles and perform tasks such as cleaning or changing press equipment for a new run. The Press Assistant will be part of a printing crew and will support all functions, as needed.
Safely removes printed materials from the press line and stacks bundles neatly onto skids.
- Conducts a quality check of printed material and counts bundles accurately.
- Handles basic set up of piece scales, resetting the typing machine and troubleshooting stackers.
- Performs press duties such as webbing up the press, changing ink, hanging plates, changing and cleaning blankets, cleaning up ink, oil or water spills, as assigned.
- Assists Press Assistant 1 (Rolltender) with basic duties and may train to operate the splicer, assist with restocking materials in the work area, cleaning ovens and spills, wiping down press units and cleaning the water tank behind the press.
- Reads run information and ensures stacking patterns for the product on skid comply with instructions.
- Follows all safety regulations and helps maintain a clean and orderly work area.
This position also requires the ability to (1) bend and lift 25 pounds continuously, (2) lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, (3) stand long hours and (4) use hands and wrists continuously. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Good verbal and written comprehension skills are a must, including communication proficiency in English.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.