$2,000 New Hire Bonus-Multi Mailer Machine OperatorApply Job ID 18285 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career?
Quad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company. Our Finishing (Bindery) employees help develop motivated individuals into skilled Operators with progressive wage increases.
Quad is seeking Multi Mailer Operator responsible for set up and operation of finishing machine equipment at our Caperton, WV (Annex) location. Quad relies on the Multi Mailer Operator to help ensure that all finished products (catalogs) meet or exceed our customers’ expectations and to help in reducing the cost of errors through consistent work quality. In addition, the individual selected for this role will be expected to lead by example by holding employees accountable to Quad's safety initiatives.
- Setup and operate various bindery equipment which may include cutting, folding, scoring, stitching, and gluing equipment in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed. Perform routine adjustments as well as perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of assigned equipment during shift
- Check order documentation, verify accuracy, and communicate order information and additional instructions to support staff to prepare for order production.
- Establish most efficient manner to run product through assigned machine to produce expected quality and quantity. Make ready for production by setting up machine components to create products in line with customer specifications.
- Previous Finishing Operator (Saddle Stitcher, Perfect Binder, Multi-Mailer, Polywrapper, and Inkjet) experience including the ability to set up and operate bindery equipment is required
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required
- The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- Perform repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential.
- 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm and 7pm-7am) including weekends, and holidays.
- Overtime available
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.