$2,000 New Hire Bonus-Offset First Press Operator
- Martinsburg, West Virginia
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
- Operate and maintain press and all auxiliary equipment while guiding crew to meet and exceed production standards while maintaining customer quality requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all delay time during shift.
- Adhere to all current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Know set-up and maintenance procedures for entire press
- Ability to troubleshoot unit and folder problems with minimum delay time
- Ability to troubleshoot reel and stacker problems with minimum delay time
- Attain and maintain proper ink and water balance
- Keep ongoing list of maintenance issues to be addressed during next scheduled maintenance, one list for all crews
- Direct crew to specific duties during scheduled maintenance
- Check and set rollers, change if necessary
- Communicate with Supervisors on any problems developing to help determine the best time to correct and prioritize
- Read entire job ticket; special instructions, ink colors, paper brand, basis weight, etc.
- Perform needed maintenance during any delay time
- Knowledge of post folder equipment and proper set up
- Monitor and maintain constant ink densities per customer specifications
- Attend all Operators meetings
- Generate constant feeling of urgency, when press is down, to maintain production requirements
- Continue learning new and improved processes to achieve increased production
- Work safely while demanding your crew to work safely
- Responsible for promoting, enforcing and sustaining Safety, 6S and Lean programs and look for ways to improve the operation.
- Responsible for the ongoing training and development of other Pressroom personnel and assisting Supervisors in documenting and improving procedures and processes by offering ideas and suggestions
- Assist Supervisors in providing feedback for employee evaluations
- Facilitate teamwork on crews and between shifts
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years Press experience, must have at least one year of manufacturing experience within the last three years
- Experience on a web press chopper fold combination folders.
- Able to lift and move 50 pounds or more repeatedly.
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Able to stand for 12 hours.
- Detailed knowledge of offset printing process
- Ability to read, write and perform math operations
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions for machine set-up.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to interact and guide crew members
- Must demonstrate reliability through attendance, punctuality and ability to stay in work area.
- Must be able to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude. Ability to work overtime as needed.