Skilled Print Operators - Up to $20,000 Relocation Available- Multiple StatesApply Job ID 19618 Date posted May. 27, 2021 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career! Closest Quad plants to you are Winchester, VA and Martinsburg, WV.
Our compressed work schedule is geared toward balancing work and family life. You will work 3 to 4, 12 hour days a week with opportunities for overtime (OT paid after 40 hours per week). These shifts rotate throughout the year (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
At Quad we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage of up to $33/hr. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Quad is seeking Skilled Print Operators in various areas within our Bindery/Finishing and Press Department, including by not limited to: First and Second Press Operator, Saddle Stitcher, Perfect Binder, Sitma Polywrapper and Offline equipment. These positions are responsible for set up and operation of equipment to customer-supplied specifications while maintaining production by planning and organizing jobs and continually monitoring quality. Additionally, operators are responsible for cleanliness and keeping equipment maintained mechanically. Some positions will have direct reports.
Responsibilities also include:
- Make-ready and operate equipment based upon written instructions provided.
- Establish and maintain color and/or fold and mechanical quality to BPC standards.
- Continuously monitor product for quality and approve or reject.
- Direct and coordinate activities of assigned crew members.
- Perform assigned make-ready duties.
- Complete required general maintenance and lubrication assignments.
- Complete required documentation, electronic and paper, for assigned job.
- Perform duties of other Print Service manufacturing positions as needed, following requisite training
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Experience with the following equipment: Saddle Stitchers – Muller Martini, Muller Martini Tempo, Muller Martini Tempo 2200 and Goss Harris SP1000's and 855's, Goss Perfect Binders, Sitma Poly Wrappers. Offline equipment including inserters, folders, rotary trimmers, and flat cutters. Press equipment to include Rotogravure, Manroland Rotoman & Goss M1000 Offset Presses.
- 2-3 years of previous Print Operator experience, including set up and operation
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Observe and monitor machine operations to determine whether adjustments are needed to run product for the highest quality in the safest manner
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Must have ability to utilize computer to ensure quality of product
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- The ability to work a 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends and holidays
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.