Business Area Manager- FinishingApply Job ID 18085 Date posted Oct. 16, 2020 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking a Perfect Bind Business Area Manager to work at our Martinsburg, West Virginia plant.
The job duties for this
position include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of hourly manufacturing, temporary labor, and support employees in the finishing department in order to meet customer requirements of quality and delivery schedule.
• Audit equipment and production floor for safety, quality and productivity concerns, and correct as necessary.
• Train, coach, engage production employees. Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
• Hold employees responsible and accountable for their performance.
• Responsible for shift schedules to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, and coverage for absent employees.
• Conduct employee performance reviews.
• Coordinate production activities with other departments.
• Ensure safe work environment and enforce all safety policies and procedures.
• Give direction to staff for optimum performance, providing technical and organizational leadership as it relates to daily production requirements.
• Effectively communicate with other functional areas and department leaders.
• Field emails/calls from customer account managers and sales representatives and respond to their requests in a prompt and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
• HS diploma or equivalent and 3 to 5 years of supervisory or leader role experience.
• Experience in large format printing and finishing preferred. Other complex manufacturing disciplines will be considered.
• Demonstrated ability to train, develop and provide guidance to staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel) and office equipment.
• Experience in Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement methodology.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and possess good follow-up skills and excellent communication and organizational skills.
General characteristics of
the successful candidate include:
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible when faced with frequent operational changes.
- Works well under pressure with real deadlines and customer commitments at stake.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- A sound understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot large format finishing equipment.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.