Driver Manager- HybridApply Job ID 23326 Date posted Sep. 28, 2022 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Driver Manager is responsible for administrating, coordinating and managing efficient and cost effective dispatch to our fleet of trucks and dedicated carriers to meeting the needs of the customers and drivers. Additionally, the Driver Manager will aid in the recruitment, engagement and retention of the drivers while ensuring the department and team operates efficiently, productively and safely. The schedule for this role will be a hybrid, but the candidate must be able to be onsite in Martinsburg, WV when required.
- Develop, administer, coordinate and manage the delivery schedule for our dedicated fleet of trucks.
- Use independent discretion to prioritize job responsibilities to meet aggressive delivery deadlines.
- Continually monitor load requests noting location for pick-up, delivery locations, pick-up dates and required delivery dates.
- Identify, evaluate and facilitate special delivery needs.
- Ensure consistent application and compliance of DOT regulations including maintaining driver’s hours.
- Facilitate the customer’s delivery objectives in a timely and effective manner through constant and direct communication with the drivers, load planners and other depts. across the platform.
- Driver Manager will be responsible for day to day oversight of drivers as direct reports. Aiding in professional development, as well as managing and evaluating driver performance and goal setting practices. Working in tandem with management for support and direction.
- Responsible for the overall day-to-day performance and maximize cost mitigation of their specific department.
- Responsible for knowing, teaching, following, and enforcing all DOT and company safety regulations and policies.
- Ensures drivers are being dispatched appropriately to meet the expectations of our internal and external customers.
- Partner with our recruitment team to attract and hire experienced drivers.
- Facilitate new employee onboarding and training to ensure a positive experience for the new employee.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently administered.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
Education: High School Diploma
- Minimum two years’ experience in transportation industry required
- Current knowledge of all DOT regulations and experience with deploying and administering DOT regulations required
- Previous experience as a Driver Manager, with focus on customer service and driver development preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- DOT License Preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills required
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent written and oral communication/phone skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work extended hours, holidays and weekends as needed
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.