Hiring Event: Wednesday, January 20, 10AM-4PM in Martinsburg, WV (Caperton BLVD)Apply Job ID 18548 Date posted Jan. 11, 2021 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Quad in Martinsburg (Caperton) is hosting a Hiring Event on
Wednesday, January 20th, from 10am-4pm. Join us!
Please RSVP on the Indeed Hiring Event Page to reserve your time slot today!
Martinsburg, WV (Caperton) Plant
855 Caperton Blvd.
Martinsburg, WV 25403
Quad is currently hiring Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth. We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based on your performance – You are in charge of your career!
At Quad entry-level wages for full-time start between $16 - $18/hr (based on experience) and $15/hr for part-time positions. You have immediate opportunities to advance – driving you to be better than yesterday. Through our Accelerated Training program, we will teach you a skilled trade and give you the opportunity to earn up to $21.00 in your first 2 years. In addition, we value and reward manufacturing experience by providing a competitive wage. Individuals with print experience can have a starting wage up to $25/hr. As your career progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within the organization.
About the Martinsburg Plant:
Best known as home to our monthly production of National Geographic, our Caperton Boulevard plant in Martinsburg was established to give Quad/Graphics gravure printing capability on the East Coast.Martinsburg’s gravure presses are among the newest and most advanced in the industry and are ideal for medium- to long-run insert, catalog and publication work. Although it was initially intended for retail insert production, Martinsburg quickly evolved into a high-quality catalog and publication plant, too. The plant's web offset pressroom offers clients the latest in short-cutoff 2x4 capabilities. The Martinsburg plant is among our largest plants, at over 1,730,00sq ft and nearly one thousand employees. The site has a number of onsite amenities including:
We offer support at every step of your career with:
- Medical and prescription coverage with on-site healthcare, dental and vision facilities
- Health Savings Accounts
- Wellness programs and on-site workout facilities
- 401(k) retirement savings
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations
- A cafeteria with hot and cold meal options
- Fitness center
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine in the warehouse.
- Stack loose signatures off a pallet and transfer to table and then place into a collator hopper.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, then place mail bags onto pallet.
- Move product with a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a Big Joe and Hand Truck.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb) as needed
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension
Additional Shift Information
- The flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexible shifts are available for PT positions
- Comfortable working in a warehouse setting
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.