LPN Martinsburg, WVApply Job ID 14267 Date posted Jun. 26, 2019 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The LPN is part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care, and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention. The LPN will be a highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare professional with the ability to work in an environment where one-on-one time with patients and positive outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success. The successful candidate will focus on prevention and wellness, perform all nursing functions, phone triage, coordinate care with external providers, and patient education as directed by the providers on site.
- Continuously provides quality care to all patients. Treats all patients with dignity and respect. Understands, follows, and maintains all Patient Rights.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR for all patient care; i.e.-patient interviews and history, vital signs, treatments, test results.
Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information. Follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
Assists in the modification of patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses, conditions, and as ordered by the provider.
- Consults and coordinates with internal and external partners to plan patients’ health activities, treatment, and referrals.
- Prepares and administers medications and immunizations per provider’s order.
- Prepares patients for and assists with examinations and treatments.
- Performs diagnostic testing to assist the provider in identifying and assessing patients’ conditions.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments and equipment. Ensures rooms are stocked with supplies.
- Performs administrative functions, front office functions and schedules appointments as requested.
- Refers patients to specialists within their elected health plan or community agencies.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
Certain clients and health centers may require travel
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Graduate from an approved nursing program with an associate degree or equivalent
- One (1) year of clinical experience required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license in state of residence or compact licensure required
- Current CPR (BLS) certification required
- Phlebotomy certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and polices
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Requires organizational and decision-making abilities
- Requires excellent assessment skills
- Computer skills required (electronic medical record experience preferred)
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.