Owner Operator- Martinsburg, WVApply Job ID 16990 Date posted Nov. 24, 2020 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is looking for Owner-Operator Drivers for deliveries at our locations throughout the United States. If interested, please call us directly at (414) 566-4862 and applications accepted via MyCDL at https://www.mycdlapp.com/c41kw
Why drive for Quad?
Local Operations: Allowing you the opportunity for more frequent home time
Year-round freight: You’ll be offered consistent and frequent plant-to-plant deliveries of product year round
Easy Delivery: No-touch freight and we pay lumper fees
Reimbursement: We cover the cost of your annual DOT Inspection, Tolls, and a Fuel surcharge is updated weekly on both loaded and empty miles
Flexible Schedule: We offer a flexible working schedule and no forced dispatch.
Support: We offer dedicated driver managers
Discounts: We share the national discounts we have with our OTR Drivers on both Fuel and Tires
2 years and 100,000 miles of verifiable Class A experience
Truck must be able to scale 45,000 pounds, have a 5th wheel height no more than 47 inches tall, and must pass DOT annual inspection (which will be done at our Fleet shop free of charge)
Must be able to communicate well with others
Valid Class A CDL required
TANKER endorsement is preferred
HAZMAT endorsement is preferred
Are you ready for a New and Fun career where we will train you to become a printer? We are looking for Seasonal employees to begin in late Summer, early Fall!
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You’ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that’s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Printing, factory, or other mechanical work experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48” in height and transfer to table top work surface 42”, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week,
Be a force to be reckoned with. Be something greater. Be Quad.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.