Part-Time Finishing TechnicianApply Job ID 25441 Date posted Mar. 16, 2023 Location Martinsburg, West Virginia
Quad is currently seeking Finishing Technicians to work in the Martinsburg, WV plant (Caperton Blvd.) The position will include on-the-job and/or technical classroom training.
This is your opportunity to enhance your skills working with the industry’s most advanced printing equipment. Plus, with a tradition of innovation, history of strength, and supportive culture behind you, your career will be primed for advancement. The Finishing Technician is an entry level position. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Understand standard operating procedures of the department and follow them consistently
- Responsible for own safety and promoting and maintaining a safe and clean working environment
- Responsible for feeding pockets and down piling product on the machine
- Straighten & align paper signatures
- Correctly load feeder pockets with signatures
- Inspect & stack final product
- Consumption/assignment of all press/supplied product load flags at end of job
- Routing, staging, and documenting of product moved from machine
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor, department, or management
- Ability to work one 12 hour shift (7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) other shifts can be flexible hours.
- Ability to work overtime as needed is required.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Successful candidates must be able to perform the following: lift 10-15 pounds continuously, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good verbal and written comprehension, the ability to thrive in a team environment, and work independently with minimal supervision is required.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations is required.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.