Slitter Saw Operator
- Martinsburg, West Virginia
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently hiring a Slitter Saw Operator for our Martinsburg Caperton plant, located at 855 Caperton Blvd in Martinsburg WV. Responsibilities include accurately converting roll paper, move and process paper rolls. Operating of a roll truck, unload and setup machine, maintain and servicing of production machines and other manufacturing duties as needed requires use of various pieces of Powered & Industrial equipment, desktop and mobile PC’s and scanning equipment.
- Perform all necessary functions of paper converting; including but not limited to, setting up machine, sawing roll to finish size, verify all supplies needed to perform job duties, data entry information, receiving/shipping, labeling, staging, verifying counts and scanning into RP/PI barcode system, driving roll truck.
- Deliver product from machine to warehouse designated location.
- Interpret job instructions to convert rolls, locate product/supplies and move, stack, and unstack paper in the plant through use of Powered Industrial Equipment (Clamp Truck, etc.).
- Ability to work independently.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- Relay all necessary information to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Actively participate and follow all Safety and Lean regulations, policies and initiatives. Including performing daily maintenance inspections and reporting any issues of concern to the appropriate leader.
- All other job duties as assigned; may include: maintaining equipment, and straight truck, setup and break down of equipment, documentation of converted material, handling other product types, etc.
- Converting, Fork lift and/or Roll Truck experience is preferred.
- Must be able to understand and apply measurements
- Ability to operate or resolve minor maintenance issues on relevant equipment proficiently
- Ability to read and apply measurements
- Ability to work independently to identify and resolve problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to complete work according to priorities and within a timely manner
- Ability to drive a forklift, clamp truck and operate other Powered Equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts
- Ability to understand and use basic math skills such as adding and subtracting
- Proficient understanding with desktop and mobile PCs
- This is a primarily daylight schedule, working Monday to Friday, but requires the ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Some travel required