Freight Material Handler
- Merced, California
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
- Understands and follows all distribution standard operating and safety procedures.
- Performs all post-skidding operations, which may include: strapping, banding, wrapping, card-boarding, boxing, baling, weighing and compressing
- Safely operates a powered industrial truck to transport product to various departments
- Responsible for the assembly of shipping cartons to include the following operations: taping, strapping, addressing, shrink-wrapping and banding
- Loads and unloads materials from delivery vehicles using loading ramps and tracks roll stock looking for reject rolls
- Review and/ or complete all material logs and production record paperwork as required
- Performs clean-up and waste removal tasks
- Coordinates trucking of product with shipping for staging purposes
- Follows all company and OSHA safety regulations and promote safe work habits with peers
- Effective communication between supervisor and incoming/outgoing operator regarding shift expectations
- Performs other duties as assigned