Maintenance MechanicApply Job ID 15836 Date posted Nov. 12, 2019 Location Merced, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Are you looking for a company that can provide you with both a challenging and rewarding career?
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad has an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our Merced, CA plant!
The Maintenance Mechanic performs skilled mechanical maintenance work in the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, service and repair of production and facility equipment. The Mechanic troubleshoots repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep machines operational. The Mechanic plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and repairs on production and facility equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair of precision machinery and auxiliary equipment utilizing blueprints schematics, manufacturer specifications and manuals
- Perform all work efficiently with an understanding of the urgency of production downtimes
- Emphasize proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Maintain and repair components on systems such as bearings, gear clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives, and gearboxes
- May perform basic welding, machining and fabrication of parts and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of precision test and calibration equipment to perform preventive maintenance
- Basic understanding of components and systems bearings, clutches, gears, belted and shafted drives and pneumatic systems
- Ability to perform math functions, understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions
- Ability to follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Production Operators, crew members and management.
- Must be dependable and able to maintain a positive working relationship with all levels, from different departments and with external vendors.
- Must provide own set of tools and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.