Master MechanicApply Job ID 16774 Date posted Feb. 12, 2020 Location Merced, California Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Master Mechanic troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments. This position will visually inspect and evaluate machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions and keep presses operational. This position plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime.
- Independently, or as a member of a team, skillfully perform minor/major maintenance activities on all production equipment to include bearings, belts, and chains; coupling alignment; gear boxes; bench work; pumps; harmonic drives; rebuilding/overhauling; conveyor maintenance; fans/blowers; diagnostics and preventive maintenance.
- Primary focus will be on plate bender maintenance.
- Perform all work efficiently with an understanding the urgency of machine downtimes
- Emphasize proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
- Ability to climb ladders and staircases to heights up to and including 20 feet to maneuver around equipment
- Troubleshooting skills, basic math, computer, and communication skills are essential. May perform basic welding and machinist tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve equipment malfunctions
- Ability to follow safe work methods while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Press Operators, crew members and management is necessary.
- Ability to work an 8- or 12-hour rotating schedule (including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required)-(2nd shift ideal)
- Must provide own set of tools and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
- 10+ years of maintenance experience encouraged
- Ability to travel
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.