Second Press Operator
- Merced, California
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Our massive Pressroom horsepower features cutting-edge equipment and technology, ranging from web offset and gravure to the latest digital presses. We’re a collaborative team of “can do” people. We take great pride in our work, and are passionate about quality, safety and the customer experience.
Quad is currently seeking a Second Press Operator to join the Merced, CA team. Second Press Operators are expected to assist in performing functions to support the operation of printing presses in the following areas: Set up, color quality, color adjustments, ensure printed quality, conforms to customer specifications, and may assist in training employees and giving general directions assigned to a certain press employees. 2nd Press Operators are responsible for providing feedback to 1st press operators and supervisors.
- One to four years’ experience with printing presses as a second operator required or rolltender.
- Available for rotating 12 hour shifts which may include days, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- Physical requirements include the ability to stand for the duration of the shift, frequent walking and must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, reach overhead, and occasionally bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Willingness to update skills on a regular basis to keep up to date with rapidly changing technology.
- Must be able to problem solve when unexpected challenges arise.
- Must be able to work safely and in compliance with all regulations, including the use of PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, and shoes.)