Medical Receptionist-Dow-Midland,MIApply Job ID 17418 Date posted Jul. 13, 2020 Location Midland, Michigan Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant is part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention. The Medical Receptionist provides support with daily activities of a medical office including greeting patients, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, patient registration, and patient referrals. This position answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email for response by medical personnel. Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
*This role is primarily performs Medical Receptionist duties, and may include Medical Assistant duties*
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claims forms
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, transcription, scheduling, insurance claims, accounts receivables, and data entry
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
- Maintains confidentiality of patient PHI and adheres to all HIPAA regulations
- Pick up additional shifts and/or travel to alternate site(s) as needed as requested if employed as part of the QuadMed Float Pool Program.
- Measures and records vital signs (weight, height, blood pressure, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation into the EMR; i.e.- patient interviews and histories, vital signs, treatments, test results.
- Assists medical staff with patient examinations
- Uses CPR skills when necessary
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks, and sterilizes instruments
- Provides patients with instructions and other information regarding preparations for the service and necessary registration.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and organization information, and follows federal and state regulations and organization policies regarding protection of patient information.
- Participates in development activities and maintains affiliations with medical assistant associations, as applicable.
- Commitment to concepts of preventative health care programs and team based approach to health care delivery
- Front office duties including but not limited to reception, patient check-in/check-out, payment collection, and electronic scheduling.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Certain clients and health centers may require travel
- Where permitted, and as directed:
- May perform routine screening tests
- Draws patient blood samples as directed and prepares samples for ordered laboratory analysis, and collection of other ordered lab specimens.
- Prepares and administers ordered injectable medications and immunizations
- Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures and performs other first aid procedures
- Assists patients with the scheduling of internal/external referrals
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Receptionist and/or healthcare industry experience preferred.
- 1year experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Phlebotomy and lab experience preferred
- Experience working front office
- Skill certification through NIOSH or CAOHC
- Experience working in a Primary Care setting
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to be a team player, detail oriented, accurate, and efficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion and uphold HIPAA standards
- Medical Terminology preferred
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.