Medical Receptionist-Midland, MI- DowApply Job ID 12637 Date posted Mar. 12, 2019 Location Midland, Michigan Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Medical Receptionist is part of the team dedicated to providing comprehensive, accessible care and superior evidence-based medicine through innovative practices focusing on wellness and prevention. The Medical Receptionist provides support with daily activities of a medical office including greeting patients, telephone coverage, appointment scheduling, patient registration, and patient referrals. This position answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email for response by medical personnel. Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
- Front desk reception
- Greets patients, answers phones, takes concise telephone messages and schedules appointments
- Provides patient with all necessary registration forms, and gives instructions on completion of forms.
- Processes, codes, and completes insurance claims forms
- Uses communication skills with proper medical terminology
- Performs computer skills in patient billing, transcription, scheduling, insurance claims, accounts receivables, and data entry
- Arranges for hospital admissions and outside referrals
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Purchases and maintains supplies and equipment
- Maintains confidentiality of patient PHI and adheres to all HIPAA regulations
- Pick up additional shifts and/or travel to alternate site(s) as needed as requested if employed as part of the QuadMed Float Pool Program.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
High School diploma or equivalent
Receptionist and/or healthcare industry experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to be a team player, detail oriented, accurate, and efficient
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-environment and work well under pressure
- Ability to be patient, possess compassion and uphold HIPAA standards
ADDITIONAL COMPANY INFORMATION
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.