Pharmacist PRNApply Job ID 26020 Date posted Aug. 25, 2023 Location Midland, Michigan
QuadMed is seeking a PRN Pharmacist to be based in our Health Center @ Dow Midland , MI. The Pharmacist is responsible for the day-to-day operation of one of our licensed QuadMed Pharmacies. The Pharmacist will report directly to the Manager of Pharmacy.
Schedule : Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm
- Dispense pharmaceuticals and limited Durable Medical Equipment as prescribed
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of liquid medicines, ointments, powders, tablets, and other medications
- Check prescriptions for correct dosage and for drug interactions and incompatibilities
- Verify patient information for every new and refilled prescription
- Compound prescribed medications not commercially available when necessary
- Ensure proper storage of pharmaceuticals stocked in the pharmacy
- Work collaboratively with providers to provide optimal pharmaceutical care
- Provide patient education/consultation to customers for all new and refilled prescriptions and on OTC (over the counter) medicines as required
- Perform order entry of prescriptions into the pharmacy database when technicians are not present
- Contact physicians and benefits providers as necessary to process a prescription
- Provide a professional and confidential environment for customers on all occasions
- Maintain strict confidentiality of PHI and adhere to HIPAA guidelines
- Ability to work standing for the majority of your shift
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a clinical setting if no Doctorate
- Previous experience as a Pharmacist in Charge preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Active pharmacist license in the state of practice
- MTM Certificate preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Considerable knowledge of drug interactions and side effects of medications
- Ability to prepare, compound, and dispense medications with accuracy
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Practice health care with a focus on quality, not quotas. Forge relationships with patients and lead the rest of your care team to do the same.
Make an impact on patients by providing comprehensive care with a strong focus on prevention and improved population health management.
Practice a one-on-one model of caregiving that gets patients back to optimal function inconsistently fewer visits than the national average.
Patient relationships begin with our care team. We drive to make patients the focus of our care. And care team professionals are a very important part of that.
Positively affect the health of populations and see results. We have positions ranging from sales and marketing to IT, finance and operations.