X-ray Tech- Midland, MI-DowApply Job ID 12554 Date posted Mar. 04, 2019 Location Midland, Michigan Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadMed's dedicated health professionals focus on wellness and prevention, putting the patient at the center. Working as a team, we deliver high quality, integrated care while controlling ever-growing costs. QuadMed is an innovative leader in employer healthcare solutions, one of the fastest growing providers in the country. In partnership with our patients and the companies we serve, our mission is to create a culture of health.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Operates radiologic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-ray films as directed by physicians or midlevel providers and performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Provide for the physical and psychological needs of pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients during the procedure. Maintain accurate patient and department records.
- Performs diagnostic procedures on patients to meet the established practice parameters and standards of care, including:
Proper positioning/centering of part/patient
Proper technical factor selection
Proper image/patient identification
Proper use of image receptors
Proper, professional patient care and assessment
Proper radiation protection provided for patient/staff/general public
Proper documentation maintained
- Works as a member of the health care team including physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in diagnostic testing procedures
- Adheres to medical and surgical asepsis and standard precautions as required per procedure.
- Performs clerical duties, processes images, and maintains proper inventory of supplies.
- Assists in the clinical education of other health care professionals and patients.
- Assists with quality control/performance improvement measures as required.
- Maintains licensure/certification through continuing education.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology.
- EMR experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered and certified by the American Registry of Radiologic
- Technologists (ARRT) or registry eligible, obtaining registry within six (6) months of hire.
- Licensed by the state of practice (each state has different licensure requirements).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to make independent decisions using critical thinking, problem solving and perform responsibilities under stressful situations.
- Meet technical standards.
Possess professional oral and written communication skills
Intermediate computer skills utilizing MS Office required
- Bilingual a plus
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.