Designer - Milwaukee MagazineApply Job ID 16326 Date posted Jan. 07, 2020 Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Milwaukee Magazine, one of the nation’s most respected city and regional magazines, is seeking a full-time graphic designer with the ability to think conceptually as well as aesthetically. Known for its award-winning in-depth profiles, investigative features, reader service pieces and top-notch dining and entertainment packages, the magazine is central to Milwaukee’s media landscape. We are located in the Historic Third Ward, mere steps from Lake Michigan, and have a front-row view of the city’s burgeoning downtown while we serve the entire metro Milwaukee area.
We are looking for an enthusiastic editorial designer with a passion for journalism and dedication to reflecting Milwaukee’s creativity, diversity and vibrancy in our expanding, multi-platform media brand. The designer’s main function will be to collaborate with the Art Department to assist in the creative execution of innovative design concepts in print, Web and marketing materials. This position requires a self-motivated, reliable team player with a positive professional attitude. Successful candidates will possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience with photography, camera equipment and studio lighting a big plus.
• Oversee your own projects through to completion
• Work with the Art Department to successfully translate concepts to page
• Demonstrate a passion for design and creative thinking
• Prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Pay extreme attention to detail and consistency
• Research, organize and assign photography and illustrations
• Assist art team with format and design of department pages, features and covers
• Assist in the coordination of photo shoots
• Prepare files and images for press: image retouch, clipping, layering, etc.
• Prepare final print files for Web: image resizing, create image galleries, etc.
• Follow and maintain branding standards
• Assist ad designer with ad design, Web ads and sales/marketing projects
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Must understand basic prepress production of print files
• Degree in graphic design or media-related equivalent and 2 years of print experience
• Superior communication skills and a friendly, positive attitude
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.