Managing Editor - Milwaukee MagazineApply Job ID 13092 Date posted Apr. 04, 2019 Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Setting and enforcing deadlines for editorial and art team to maintain optimum workflow
- Copy editing all magazine articles, and circulating proofs of them for others to read. Rereading all articles three other times on a final copy edit and two rounds of proofs
- Supervising the fact-checking of all of the magazine’s editorial content, including assigning the research to interns or freelancers and inputting the information into the articles
- Hiring and supervising three interns each semester and summer, including securing arrangements with colleges, developing schedules and handling performance review process
- Assigning, editing and, in some cases, writing advertorial copy for Special Advertising Sections; collaborating with advertisers and Milwaukee Magazine sales reps on those sections
- Writing for the magazine’s editorial sections as needed
- Participate in brainstorming and generate story ideas
- The ideal candidate must be a wordsmith and critical thinker, willing to challenge conventional wisdom
- A four-year degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field required
- Minimum of 2 years editing experience (preferably at a magazine) with an aptitude for management required
- An editor’s eye for detail, style, tone and factual inconsistencies. Knowledge of AP Style
- Exceptional interactive communication skills
- Some digital experience is preferred
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.