Account Supervisor, Public RelationsApply Job ID 16453 Date posted Jan. 14, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We’re looking for an Account Supervisor, Public Relations to join our team.
The Account Supervisor, PR acts as a primary contact to clients. This role would be expected to gain a deep understanding of the client's business, foster the client/agency relationship and become an invaluable and reliable partner for clients. Experience with providing strategic guidance and managing the development of integrated campaigns/platforms is a must.
- Leads overall strategic direction for assigned PR accounts
- Establishes priorities for key account projects
- Provides leadership in the areas of reputation management, media relations, content publishing and events management
- Develops relationships with key client, media and industry contacts
- Collaborates well with various internal agency subject matter experts who also support PR clients (e.g. several PR clients leverage Periscope’s integrated team, so PR is often just one of many experts helping make decisions and offering ideas)
- Ensures delivery of appropriate resources
- Initiates long-term projects for team
- Views strategic goals in broader business context
- Leads our clients through challenges and new opportunities while offering a strong creative evaluation mindset, resulting in a trusted opinion valued by others
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge across a variety of channels and products
- Passionate about making an impact on the client's business
- Performs other duties from time to time to meet the changing
needs of the agency
- Seamlessly provides the right information to the right people at the right time
- Articulates effective strategic rationale and logic flow
- Is clear, concise, articulate, focused, persuasive, wise, responsive, confident, and a team player
- Is a good listener
- Knows when and how to insert themselves in integrated discussions where PR has a role to play, and effectively communicates how PR can add value
- Helps manage staff resources on accounts to ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Ensures collaboration among all internal teams
- Keeps account team motivated, involved and inspired
- Strong client management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to pitch and influence reporters and news content
- Experience in consumer PR
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience collaborating successfully across multiple teams and management levels
- Professional experience with Google Apps and Microsoft Office Suite
- 7-10 years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising agency or client organization (agency preferred), or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and know when to loop in PR leadership and when to leverage junior resources.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.