Accounts Payable Specialist - HybridApply Job ID 23009 Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Periscope is a full-service creative agency that sees beyond the expected to build brands and impact communities in inventive ways. We are an idea-centric, inclusive, and high-collab culture with world-class strategy and creative—and bring expertise to every touchpoint in the consumer journey. We’re looking for talent like you who can continue to elevate our work and culture.
We are looking for an organized, detailed oriented self-starter who has exceptional communications skills with both internal/external partners, can work in a fast-paced and heavy volume Accounts Payable team.
The primary role of Accounts Payable is to be responsible for processing, reconciliation and posting of all Media invoices including Print, Broadcast, Out of Home, and Digital as well as Production invoices into General Ledger system. Associate will also handle customer service responsibilities including responding to vendor inquiries on payment status, short payments, assisting with remittance questions for accurate payment applications and problem solving vendor related outstanding issues. The Associate will assist with other miscellaneous duties that pertain to supporting the accounting function of the company.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Maintain effective working relationships with all agency personnel
- Keep Controller apprised of any issues with the Accounts Payable process
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Management of onboarding vendors
- Input all media and production related vendor invoices in order to accurately and timely bill activity to clients
- Work with media buyers and producers to reconcile and resolve discrepancies with vendor invoices and insertion orders
- Manage and storage of vendor invoices on server
- Respond to vendor inquiries on payment status, provide remittance support as needed, problem solve vendor related issues
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely reconciliation of open orders to vendor statements
- Assist corporate office in making vendor payments
- Perform month-end tasks as required to close the books
- Manage and review internal controls assigned
- Manage workload with respect to the deadline-driven nature of the department
- Work closely with overseas finance partners to help support workload volume
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication including phone, email, chat, voicemail correspondence, etc.
- Record time completely and accurately on a daily/weekly basis
- Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Possess creative problem-solving, decision-making skills and excellent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software with a focus in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient and accurate in keyboarding
- Proficient and accurate in 10-key
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- 2-3 years’ accounting department experience
- Experience in an advertising agency environment preferred but not required
- Experience with ERP MediaOcean preferred but not required
Additional Company Information
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.