Art DirectorApply Job ID 17493 Date posted Jul. 29, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Art Director understands our clients’ business challenges and generates integrated creative strategies, ideas, ad layouts, imagery and graphic design that help our clients move their businesses forward.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Develop positive relationships with co-workers, vendors and client partners
- Help foster a fun and energetic working environment that ultimately enhances our marketing initiatives
- Always meet deadlines and requirements regardless of the time frame
- Deliver on the brief but also continue to push the boundaries to find new and better ways to improve our clients’ businesses
- Direct art for print, digital and film production
- Help manage talent and clients by being prepared and confident
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- Build, manage and maintain effective working relationships with all co-workers, clients and vendors who interface with the agency
- Assure that agency work meets or exceed client’s and agency’s quality standards, is presented in a professional manner, delivered in a timely fashion, and within the client’s budget
- Become a recognized expert in the client’s business, including company business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
- Understand clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects, as well as action plans for implementing strategies to measure the agency’s effectiveness
- Build client confidence in the agency
- Keep all members of account, production and creative teams informed of the agency’s work
- Keep creative directors and associate creative directors current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with the agency's performance
- Be a positive influence on all of our vendors and partners
- Seek out opportunities to generate additional Periscope products and services, or to penetrate new areas of the client organization
- Always be alert to any business development opportunities
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of new business pitches as requested by manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years of marketing, communications, and/or advertising experience for an agency or business (agency preferred) or equivalent
- Strong creative ability
- Strong graphic design ability
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to visualize ideas
- Working knowledge of photography
- Ability to handle high-stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work and communicate effectively with different types of people
- Good intuition and social skills
- High skill level in graphic software: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; ability to work in interactive software a plus
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills; excellent judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.