Associate Director, Social & InfluencerApply Job ID 18753 Date posted Feb. 17, 2021 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
You live and breathe social media. You’re curious and passionate about online communities, the ways in which people share and communicate and what makes something cool and highly shareable. You immerse yourself in culture and have multiple passions outside of your career that motivate you. And you know how to make all of this knowledge work for brands to help combat what we lovingly refer to as feed fatigue.
We’re looking for someone to fill the role of Associate Director, Social and Influencer, who isn’t afraid of ambiguity in a role and thrives on making their career their own. In this role, you’ll be thinking strategically AND creatively, all while having the ultimate goal of driving business results in mind.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Build and execute content strategy, thinking holistically about client campaign roll-out to best reach the audience and bring all internal teams together (Creative, Media, Analytics, Strategy)
- Manage the execution of social content and provide channel-specific insights into the creative process and needs
- Create award-winning and press-worthy work for the agency and client
- Drive innovation
- Understand clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects, as well as action plans for implementing strategies to measure the effectiveness of the agency’s work
- Bring forth vetted vendors/partners in the social (Facebook, Pinterest, etc.), influencer (talent management agencies) and pop culture (StockX, Netflix, Twitch, etc.) spaces to further the work we do for our clients, and gain press for the client and agency
- Identify up-and-coming partners and platforms that are relevant to our clients and our work as an agency
- Work to sell our social and influencer program offering to clients in partnership with the Account and New Business teams
- Work closely with Analytics and Media teams to ensure that social and influencer work is measurable and easily comprehended by clients as well as internal Creative teams for iterative processes
- Demonstrate expertise and confidence in social/digital platforms as well as influencer programs and relationships to clients and internal teams. Includes utilization of social listening tools to inform strategic approaches and creative content
- Keep current on and share cultural movements and trends that impact our world and our work across client business categories, social platforms, entertainment and demographics
- Oversee all community management across clients, including management of real-time responses, best practices and crisis/escalations when relevant
- Seek out opportunities to generate additional Periscope products and services, or to penetrate new areas of the client organization, especially digital
- Manage specific accounts as well as participate in New Business pitches
- Supervise, manage and mentor one direct report
- Report to Creative Director, Social and Influencer
- Social and Influencer team sits within the Creative department and works directly with Strategy, Account, New Business and Media teams across all clients
- Social and digital are areas of focused growth for Periscope, offering great development opportunity for the person in this role over the next 12-24 months
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years in marketing/marketing communications/advertising in an agency or client organization (agency setting preferred), or equivalent experience
- Must be a doer as well as a leader
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.