Associate Media PlannerApply Job ID 16635 Date posted Jan. 29, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
We're looking for an Associate Media Planner to join our team! The Associate Media Planner develops a deep understanding of clients’ business and marketing objectives, and designs and builds multi-channel media recommendations to meet each client’s unique goals.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Develop ongoing insights into audience and landscape to inform each client’s unique strategy and tactics
- Develop and create reach and frequency scenarios to determine effective media mix
- Evaluate and create value-added and innovative media recommendations, reports, and POVs to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Media Buyers, cross functional teams, and clients through the media planning process
- Manage media plans and budgets throughout the campaign across all forms of media and integrate with department subject matter experts when needed
- Analyze metrics and media competitive data to draw meaningful insights and implications and generate ideas on ongoing media optimizations throughout the campaign
- Actively seek out information including emerging media and technology, changes in media consumption patterns, market conditions, and media ownership
- Foster and maintain positive client and vendor relationships through written and verbal communications
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time to meet the changing needs of the department and the agency
- Attend and participate in Internal Meetings, as necessary (including weekly status meetings)
- Provide clear, concise, accurate implementation documents that are routed to internal account teams and media vendors as required by Supervisor or other departments
- Maintain appropriate records of client decisions or approvals, particularly authorizations to proceed with chargeable services
- Keep all members of account and media teams informed of problems or opportunities that could impact a client’s media plan outcomes or budgets
- A critical thinker with a fondness for developing analytics
- Creative, inventive, and insightful
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a constantly changing environment
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Effective communicator who does what it takes to get a project done
- Comfortable with presentations and public speaking
- A team-player
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years preferred working with marketing communications, advertising agency, or media organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or work experience in business, journalism, advertising, or liberal arts with a strong business curriculum
- Experience with any of the following preferred: MediaOcean, Nielsen, MRI, Scarborough, Kantar, Google Marketing Platform, YouGov, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, The Trade Desk, Microsoft Ads, Amazon Ads, LiveRamp
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.