Content EditorApply Job ID 16752 Date posted Feb. 10, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
A Content Editor at Periscope edits copy for a variety of clients and industries, applying relevant style guides and a strong ability to tailor content to the right audience. Content Editors may also use their writing skills and attention to detail to create content for retail product landing pages, case studies or social media posts.
Strong candidates for the role have serious English language expertise, a knack
for understanding the needs and desires of different audiences, and super-strong
organizational and communication skills.
- Balance focusing on tiny details — like correct placement of every comma and apostrophe — with keeping clients’ business goals in mind and staying loyal to their brand stories
- Ensure all copy that crosses your desk uses flawless grammar, adheres to client style guides and speaks to the right audience in an accessible way
- Collaborate seamlessly with your team to share workload, guarantee accuracy, solve problems and meet deadlines
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously through smart time management and strong organizational skills
- Translate raw product information into compelling, benefit-focused copy that follows SEO best practices and helps drive sales
- Perform other duties from time to
time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- 4-7 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years of professional experience in writing and editing
- Strong knowledge of AP and Chicago style, and experience working with house style guides
- Creative problem-solving skills and a track record of finding ways to work smarter and more efficiently
- Ability to be fast and accurate even under pressure, and demonstrate great judgment
- Flexibility and confidence to work well independently with minimal direction, or collaboratively with a team
- Proactive, fun, hardworking and positive attitude, even when managing a high volume of work on tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Mac OS-X, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and writing for web
- Experience copy editing in an agency environment
- Experience with soft proofing systems and web-based work management tools
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.