Facilities ManagerApply Job ID 16582 Date posted Jan. 24, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Facilities Manager
will ensure that the facility is maintained to current safety and environmental
standards, utilizing personal skills, staff and vendors to maintain a clean,
presentable workplace at all times. Perform maintenance and/or planned
improvements as necessary and budgeted. Supervise shipping and receiving
duties, including the use of courier services and internal dispatch.
Internal / External Relationships
- Oversee and maintain Periscope’s security system and card access: 24 hour on-call for building emergencies
- Supervise contract cleaning personnel. Ensure the facility is cleaned in a timely manner following established cleaning standards and schedules
- Evaluate and recommend equipment for the maintenance of building integrity, installing or arranging for installation when necessary. Responsible for emergency repairs
- Perform structural maintenance; plumbing, electrical, etc. when possible. Schedule outside services, source vendors and purchase supplies as needed
- Project manage construction and/or renovation, solicit bids, schedule work, oversee to completion and payment approval
- Facilitate office and equipment moves
- Support the shipment of materials produced to clients and vendors as requested by associates and track job information for billing purposes
- Make arrangements for pick-up by carrier or deliver items to clients or vendors using a company vehicle in a timely manner
- Maintain effective working
relationships with all agency personnel
- Maintain high level of professionalism in all internal and external communication including phone, email and voicemail correspondence, etc.
- Communicate any facility-related announcements/issues to Periscope associates as necessary
- Manage and direct facility staff
and/or outside contractors
- Ensure the enforcement of all state, federal and local standards and codes necessary to maintain a safe work environment
- Maintain/repair exhaust systems, boiler, heat pumps and HVAC systems
- Maintain landscaping and grounds, including parking lot
- Utilize proper packaging methods and integrate visual aids to convey specific packaging requirements
- Adhere to Periscope policies and procedures as outlined in the Periscope Handbook
- Record time completely and accurately on a daily/weekly basis
- Perform other duties from time to
time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- Creative problem solving and decision-making skills; excellent judgment, good mechanical knowledge and understanding
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong management, negotiation and troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of shipping systems for local couriers, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent attention to detail
- High school diploma with additional certifications for building maintenance and repair
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- HVAC and Boiler certifications preferred
- Experience in the field of building management preferred
- Experience in an agency/creative
environment preferred, but not required
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.