Optometrist -Part time - Minneapolis, MNApply Job ID 13182 Date posted Apr. 11, 2019 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
Ensuring our customers have the best experience is a priority, the Optometrist has the responsibility to diagnose, manage, and treat conditions and diseases of the human eye and visual system. Examine eyes and visual system, diagnose problems or impairments, prescribe corrective lenses, and provide treatment. May prescribe therapeutic drugs to treat specific eye conditions.
- Conducts and documents history including chief complaint, relevant symptoms as appropriate; pertinent ocular health, family and medical history, medications; current spectacle/contact lens and any other data required to manage the patient’s vision and ocular health needs.
- Performs minimum as well as appropriate additional testing as needed based on the specific needs of each patient.
- Adequately documents findings.
- Is proficient in the use and interpretation of standard ophthalmic equipment. These include but are not limited to: retinoscopy, subjective refraction, lensometry, visual fields, mobility and pupil testing, slit lamp examination, direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, gonioscopy, fundus contact lens, tear function testing, Amsler grid, confrontation fields, etc.
- Accurately interprets data from clinical exam.
- Makes sound clinical diagnoses.
- Takes appropriate action(s) to take care of patients' chief complaint(s) and ensure ocular health and visual needs are met.
- Clearly documents impressions and clinical action plan in the chart including referrals to other providers, long term medical management and/or optical and therapeutic prescriptions dispensed.
- Uses tests and procedures as described above designed to detect and appropriately manage disorders common to aging such as glaucoma, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
- Actively communicates with optical support staff to optimize quality clinical care and service to patients.
- Teams with optical staff to ensure most timely and convenient service given to patient when their services are needed.
- Attends and contributes to staff meetings to keep up with events and policy changes.
- Identifies and reports system problems that result in waste and poor services; identifies possible solutions.
- Maintains all licensing and job requirements (CE, CPR, safety training, PPD)
- Dictates/writes referral and information letters to other providers or agencies, as appropriate, or otherwise communicates with parents, teachers, or other providers as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties such as completing school forms, DMV, FAA and other like documents.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA regulations.
Four year Undergraduate Degree
Doctorate of Optometry from Accredited School of Optometry
A minimum of one (1) year of experience desired but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Current unrestricted Optometric License
Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents (T.P.A.)
Must have a Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more. In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Employment in this position is contingent upon successfully passing all QuadMed pre-employment, as well as any specific checks required for your access to client sites
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Focus on quality care, not quotas — the way medicine should be.
Provide wellness and preventive care to keep patients and their families healthy.
Restore patients to good health in one-on-one sessions with extended evaluation time.
Ignite your passion for helping people at employer-sponsored onsite health and wellness centers.
Work with our team to transform the delivery of health care.