StrategistApply Job ID 18015 Date posted Oct. 08, 2020 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Brand Strategist is a strategic partner who brings a broad business perspective and understanding of the consumer to the art of brand positioning, communication strategy, marketing and multi-channel program development. This effective, results-oriented brand steward is the voice of the consumer within the agency. They collaborate with other Brand Strategists, Analytic Architects and Experience Architects to develop the strategic approach.
A Brand Strategist is passionate about business/brand development, is an effective storyteller able to make a persuasive story both internally and externally, and is seen as a smart, cross-functional creative thinker and partner collaborating within the Strategy and Analytics groups, as well as across agency teams, departments and disciplines. The Brand Strategist will manage and lead individual projects, as well as collaborate on specific businesses as required.
- Manage business analysis and auditing to frame the strategic opportunity
- Understand brand positioning development, qualitative/quantitative research and validation, and data/research methodologies and analysis
- Develop communication strategies for multi-channel brand initiatives
- Validate our collective impact in the marketplace
- Unearth meaningful business/brand/consumer insights that drive creative excellence
- Distill business objectives, market data, consumer research, brand/category/channel/product knowledge into an inspiring creative brief and strategic storyline igniting the creative development process
- Engaged around client needs and activities in the market and able to work with clients to establish business goals and objectives as required
- Provide recommendations for deeper, smarter, more efficient analysis of data and research methodology including quantitative, qualitative, secondary research and user segmentation/persona development
- Current on consumer research methodologies and trends
- Active support in new business opportunities, if required
- A strong storyteller with a presence in the room. Possess good business acumen and understand how extraordinary marketing can impact client business
- Collaborative and share content with the extended team in a manner that allows for an efficient and effective transfer of knowledge and inspiration
- Deliver persuasive recommendations, strategies and findings both written and in person
- Provide strategic clarity, inspiration and direction everyday regardless of client brand, agency department or title
- Seek out business development opportunities on existing and potential accounts
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of new business as requested
- Represent the agency’s mission (Do Things People Love), capabilities and goals consistently to assigned clients, business development prospects and other potential industry allies (i.e. vendors, peers, etc.)
- Manage the process of proposals and estimates, job costs and invoices as needed
- Manage vendor relationships and projects, as directed
- Record and review chargeable time, expenses and all other records and reports consistent with agency policies and procedures
- Perform other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- A curious thinker with a passion for the business
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong storyteller and presenter
- Strong data gathering and insight miner
- Able to work/communicate effectively with different types of people
- Great attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to handle high stress situations with effective results
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of agency experience in strategy development and/or account planning, with emphasis on research, marketing and advertising/communications, strategic development, data analysis, etc.
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.