Technical WriterApply Job ID 18490 Date posted Jan. 06, 2021 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Technical Writer understands our clients’ business challenges and generates copy decks, headlines, emails, and other written materials that help our client move their business forward. Must be comfortable meeting frequently with internal team, as well as discussing and presenting work to clients on daily video conferences.
ABOUT THE GIG:
- Gathers existing content from a variety of sources, then edits and condenses information to generate consumer-friendly copy that meets client brand voice and style guidelines
- Analyzes and works from a creative brief, marketing brief or business requirements using client-provided content
- Collaborates with creative directors, designers, other writers, account and project managers, as well as clients to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and build a messaging strategy for any given project
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements
- Is proactive, generates ideas, juggles multiple projects/assignments, pays close attention to detail, and meets short turnarounds and deadlines
- Uses excellent communication skills to provide solid rationale for their content choices to win business partners over
- Performs other duties from time to time to meet the changing needs of the agency
- Interest and knowledge of consumer electronics category, particularly smart home products, is a plus
- Builds, manages and maintains effective working relationships with all co-workers, clients and vendors who interface with the agency
- Assures that agency work meets or exceeds the client’s and agency’s quality standards, is presented in a positive manner, delivered in a timely fashion
- Becomes a recognized expert in the client’s business, including company business goals and objectives, products, markets, industry, distribution, etc.
- Understands clear, measurable goals and objectives for client programs and projects, as well as action plans for implementing strategies to measure the agency's effectiveness
- Builds client confidence in the agency
- Always over-delivers
- Keeps all members of account, project management and creative teams informed of the agency’s work
- Keeps creative directors and associate creative directors current on issues that may affect the client-agency relationship, especially any problems or indications of dissatisfaction with the agency's performance
- Is a positive influence on all of our vendors and partners
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years of marketing, communications, and/or agency experience (agency experience a plus, but not a requirement)
- Ability to write detail-oriented product copy, but also able to think creatively
- Comfortable with frequent client-facing presentations and collaborations, particularly over video conference
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to handle high-stress situations with effective results
- Flexibility to work and communicate effectively with different types of people
- Good intuition and social skills
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Slides, as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills; excellent judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with retail creative/messaging a plus (not required)
- WRITING SAMPLES REQUIRED
Periscope and Quad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Periscope and Quad do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Periscope and Quad also prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Create customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.
Provide health and wellness solutions to transform the delivery of health care.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.