It’s a new era in consumer marketing. BlueSoho, a division of Quad/Graphics, helps our clients meet the challenge. As an integrated marketing and technology firm, the BlueSoho team helps customers connect their print content across mobile, digital, video, social media and other marketing channels. Our full suite of services is designed to deliver high-impact brand experiences.
BlueSoHo, a division of Quad/Graphics, has an exciting opportunity for a Freelance Retoucher to work within our cutting edge Imaging Department onsite with one of our clients in Monroe, WI. The successful candidate will use their experience in high end color retouching, complex masking, extensive cloning, and composition to exceed client expectations and interpret color expectations within our fast paced environment.
This position if Freelance, project based to supplement during peak seasons.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Showing color to customers
- Evaluating color and content according to customer specifications
- Giving specific color direction by marking up color proofs
- Evaluating job costing and profitability
- Might be called on to do press OK’s with the customer or alone
- General knowledge of the workflows and procedures for the assigned area
- Understanding of Mac environment
- Create silhouettes and drop shadows
- Read and follow internal markup and customer instructions
- Convert digital images from RGB to CMYK
- Perform specific color correction as needed, determined by evaluation of provided copy and/or softproof evaluation
- Spec out RGB and CMYK values for customer swatches or product
- Maintain accurate lighting and monitor calibration conditions
- Ability to do file corrections in RGB and CMYK color space
- General knowledge of profiles, color space, and conversions
- Provide feedback to other color Mac operators
- Responsible for tracking or moving job components through production using Quad/Graphics Smartools or Imaging IT-developed applications
- Candidates should have five years of experience as a Color Sponsor/Operator or similar.
- Intermediate proficiency using the latest versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Acrobat and Quark on the MAC Platform is also required.
- Must be flexible with scheduled hours to meet client needs.
- Should possess good knowledge of color theory, experience with camera raw processing and color management preferred. A color test will be required.
- High end inkjet proofing experience is a plus.
- Candidates with some college course work are also preferred.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace#LI-TG1