Photo AssistantApply Job ID 17485 Date posted Jul. 23, 2020 Location Monroe, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Photo Assistant is responsible for supporting the Photographers, Stylists, Art Directors, Producers and Merchandise Coordinator in a high-volume production photo studio environment.
- Organizing/retrieving product as it is scheduled to be shot
- Delivering/returning product and props from sets upon completion of shots
- Prepping hardgoods and softgoods for stylists and photographers
- Assisting with maintaining prop organization
- Assisting merchandise coordinator as needed
- Working directly with Studio Producers, Stylists, Photographers and Set Builders to understand internal studio schedules and set needs
- Working with Studio Producer, Photographers and Stylists to ensure deadlines are met
- Reviewing equipment needs with Photographers
- Maintaining photography equipment and studio environment
- Assisting in maintaining a high level of client satisfaction and confidence
- Performing, maintaining and assisting in all reviews and Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Assembling product samples and sets as required. Practical working knowledge of hand and power tools
- 2 + years of professional industry experience as a Photography Assistant or Production Assistant preferred
- Understanding and working knowledge of still photography techniques, principles, equipment, and lighting techniques for commercial photography
- Understanding of digital image retouching, image manipulation and post production techniques and software(s) to enhance/improve raw capture and rendered high-resolution image quality
- Working knowledge of current photography equipment, tools and software
- Understanding of workflows for still and video productions
- Proficiency with Apple/Macintosh computer platform/software.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software – specifically Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Working knowledge and experience with CaptureOne (raw image capture software), Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Acrobat, In-Design, Illustrator, Final Cut (Mac) and Adobe Premier
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.