Digital Asset Technician - Part-TimeApply Job ID 18437 Date posted Dec. 18, 2020 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
The primary role of the Digital Asset Technician will be to qualify, organize and maintain digital file sets and database of assets used for retail ad production.
The Digital Asset Technician is expected to possess organizational skills, managing multiple projects and data streams simultaneously with accurate data entry. The Digital Asset Technician will qualify assets providing color correction, quality control, clipping paths and metadata. The successful candidate will have knowledge of product description and attributes. Some retail merchandise experience may be helpful.
- Coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, managing asset requests from client and response on the status of the fulfillment of that request.
- Receive and qualify assets to accepted published standards for inclusion into database. Organize assets within the database based on criteria established for each client.
- Enter metadata about the asset and review usage rights.
- Maintain rights-managed status on images in the database; remove access to assets where rights have lapsed. Purge old or out of contract images from the image database.
- Provide weekly reports on status of image requests to Manager, informing of issues and opportunities.
- Work with IT to determine improvements needed in database and database interfaces.
- Available to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- High level Excel skills
- Ability to create clip paths and masks, perform light color correction
- Experience and understanding in digital asset management
- Knowledge of image file formats and quality measures
- Demonstrate the ability to perform well and remain organized under tight deadlines with willingness to do both menial tasks and take on more complex challenges
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to help others achieve their best, take direction from management and maintain positive attitude.
- 2-year associate degree or equivalent in Print Production or Asset Management
- 5 years of experience in Mac based applications
- Knowledge of offset and digital printing standards
- Knowledge of web based display and multi-media requirements
- Desire to continue education through webinars, seminars, special courses, etc.
- Macintosh - Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign, Bridge and Excel
- Canon laser printing devices, Epson proofers
- Basic understanding of remote networking to communicate between locations (Box, FTP, Server structure)
- Ability to speak, read, and write in the English language
Additional Company Information
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.