Graphic DesignerApply Job ID 12683 Date posted Mar. 13, 2019 Location Mooresville, North Carolina Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
The Graphic Designer is responsible for understanding/interpreting creative direction for building various templates and concepts for in-store promotional signage. Responsible for production and execution of previously defined templates on a weekly basis, concept stage through final file distribution. The ideal candidates will have a strong background in retail environments and knowledge of the print signage production process.
- Under the direction of Supervisor and/or Sr. Designers, create & produce signage templates that promote the client's brand and sales objectives
- Collaborate with Account Manager and Sr. Designers to ensure a complete understanding of the client branding guidelines
- Work with pagination & product mix to develop layouts & final production based on established guidelines
- Designs various new signage templates and approaches for Tier 1, ongoing campaigns, and ad hoc requests
- QC and testing of signage concepts with store fixtures
- Maintains relationship with Store Environment team and partners as requested.
- Supports quick turn creative requests and changes for ongoing weekly kit
- Work efficiently & accurately through high volumes of work, meeting deadlines in a very time-sensitive environment
- Review all job instructions, both written and verbal, & ask any questions necessary to successfully complete the project
- Assist Sr. Designers and Layout/Production staff as needed
- Utilize resources to problem solve challenges on project
- Prepare technically sound files for prepress/printer
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or related field
- At least 2 years of experience designing and producing marketing support materials
- Knowledge of all steps required for the print process
- A strong eye for design and page composition and layout
- Proficiency in all industry standard software programs including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Acrobat in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of the Windows platform
- Ability to quickly adapt to new software tools and changes in project direction
- Ability to complete work accurately in time-sensitive environment
- Some preflight experience a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Print samples required
- Portfolio samples required
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.