Billing AssociateApply Job ID 21084 Date posted Nov.. 23, 2021 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
HAUListic, formerly QuadExpress, is responsible for moving billions of pounds of time-sensitive freight annually. As a consultative partner, we design customized solutions to deliver our customers’ freight, whether that’s by road or rail, air or sea. In 2021, we joined Mullen Group, Ltd., one of Canada’s largest logistics providers and updated our name to HAUListic. Quad is working with Mullen Group to facilitate the seamless transition of all business matters, including continuing recruiting efforts and support for the growing business.
Mullen Groups’ network of independently operated businesses provide a wide range of service offerings including less-than-truckload, truckload, warehousing, logistics, transload, oversized and specialized hauling transportation. The acquisition aligns with Mullen Groups’ strategic growth plans to advance their technology services and expand into the U.S. logistics market. HAUListic will benefit from being part of Mullen Group, which is a like-focused company dedicated to superior logistics services. It’s a great time to join our team!
The Billing Associate duties include obtaining supporting documentation (e.g. Bill of Lading or Proof of Delivery), processing batch invoices, and uploading to our customers portals. Daily posting of open invoices and reconciliation, as well as weekly reports to escalate issues causing billing delays are also duties for this role.
- Process daily batch billing in accordance with individual customer requirements
- Obtain required documentation for those customers that require it be provided with invoicing from Vendor Websites (web knowledge and adaptability important)
- Uploading invoices or invoice information into Customer portals as required
- Update and maintain daily and weekly reporting for Finance and Service teams for monitoring daily revenues, as well as orders that require unavailable documentation (ex. TL missing PODs)
- Enter, modify and process Credit Memos as requested by Sales and Service teams.
- As new accounts are onboarded, work with Sales and Service teams to ensure accounts are assigned to correct billing batches.
- Identify issues causing delays in invoicing our clients to improve our Order to Cash impact from a billing perspective.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or business field preferred but not required.
- Proven working experience as a Billing Clerk, AR Clerk or relevant role in accounting, logistics industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases and MS Office (especially Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
Additional Company Information:
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.