Carrier Sales RepresentativeApply Job ID 12037 Date posted Feb. 11, 2019 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
QuadExpress (a wholly owned subsidiary of Quad) is seeking Carrier Sales Representatives for the Naperville, IL location. The ideal candidates will be energetic and self-motivated with the competencies typical of successful sales professionals with responsibilities to marry a customer’s freight to a carrier’s capacity in our Truckload shipping market.
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely delivery of customer freight
- Ability to build and promote ongoing carrier relationships without relying solely on load boards
- Negotiate rates on a spot or transactional basis with carriers. Ability to manage pricing negotiations and obstacles with carriers
- Establish internal relationships with customer sales to expand your book of business
- Take a proactive approach in learning the pricing and capacity fluctuations in the truckload shipping market.
- BA/BS degree
- Previous work experience within Truckload Freight Brokerage preferred, but not required
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making ability
- Must be a driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual
- Drive for results
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Quick learner who is successful at multi-tasking
- Must be a team player
- Some weekend or after-hours work may occasionally be necessary to take care of client’s needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional Company Information:
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.