Credit AnalystApply Job ID 20512 Date posted Sep.. 03, 2021 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
HAUListic, formerly QuadExpress, is responsible for moving billions of pounds of time-sensitive freight annually. As a consultative partner, we design customized solutions to deliver our customers’ freight, whether that’s by road or rail, air or sea. In 2021, we joined Mullen Group, Ltd., one of Canada’s largest logistics providers and updated our name to HAUListic. Quad is working with Mullen Group to facilitate the seamless transition of all business matters, including continuing recruiting efforts and support for the growing business.
Mullen Groups’ network of independently operated businesses provide a wide range of service offerings including less-than-truckload, truckload, warehousing, logistics, transload, oversized and specialized hauling transportation. The acquisition aligns with Mullen Groups’ strategic growth plans to advance their technology services and expand into the U.S. logistics market. HAUListic will benefit from being part of Mullen Group, which is a like-focused company dedicated to superior logistics services. It’s a great time to join our team!
The Credit Analyst is responsible for administering and enforcing company credit and collection policies and procedures, assessing credit worthiness and recommending credit limits. Management of portfolio to include collections and ongoing monitoring and analysis of existing customers for changes to exposure and risk tolerance to maximize cash flow of organization.
- Assess customer credit worthiness and make independent determination whether to authorize customer credit limits based on underwriting along with company and industry research within approved levels while recommending authorization for limits above their approval level.
- Approve all project titles prior to press to show customers credit worthiness
- Monitor changes in economic, industry, and customer conditions and maintain communication with various business units to evaluate potential changes to customers’ credit worthiness (risk tolerance) and credit limits. Independently determine if production should run based on findings from review. (Example, organization is showing high risk for bankruptcy, can challenge business to show information is false or negotiate pre-pay as good faith effort)
- Investigate, evaluate and respond to customer credit disputes on behalf of Quad to avoid non-payment risk.
- Negotiate payment terms with client if unable to meet existing terms. (Example, Pay $25,000 within 30 days for us to continue with production)
- Elevate visibility of customers with significantly increased exposure and/or risk through management reporting and utilization of credit dashboard and exception process.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and transparency to support basis and rationale for customer credit decisions and limits.
- Implement best practices and process improvement where appropriate.
- Management of portfolio for collection, deduction management and proactive risk analysis.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or business field preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a commercial B2B credit collection environment, print industry preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CBA – NACM Credit Business Associate (preferred but not required)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other productivity software tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Solid collection skills
- Excellent research and analytical capabilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
Additional Company Information:
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.