Credit & Collections LeadApply Job ID 20513 Date posted Sep.. 03, 2021 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
HAUListic, formerly QuadExpress, is responsible for moving billions of pounds of time-sensitive freight annually. As a consultative partner, we design customized solutions to deliver our customers’ freight, whether that’s by road or rail, air or sea. In 2021, we joined Mullen Group, Ltd., one of Canada’s largest logistics providers and updated our name to HAUListic. Quad is working with Mullen Group to facilitate the seamless transition of all business matters, including continuing recruiting efforts and support for the growing business.
Mullen Groups’ network of independently operated businesses provide a wide range of service offerings including less-than-truckload, truckload, warehousing, logistics, transload, oversized and specialized hauling transportation. The acquisition aligns with Mullen Groups’ strategic growth plans to advance their technology services and expand into the U.S. logistics market. HAUListic will benefit from being part of Mullen Group, which is a like-focused company dedicated to superior logistics services. It’s a great time to join our team!
The Credit & Collections Lead is responsible for administering and enforcing company credit and collection policies procedures, assessing credit worthiness, establishing credit limits based on policy. Management of portfolio to include collections and ongoing monitoring and analysis of existing customers for changes to exposure and risk tolerance. Further, this position is responsible for administrative responsibilities within Credit department, including but not limited to: processing credit applications, external references, cash application, processing/posting credit card transactions and exception processing.
• Proactive management of portfolio based on existing policies for collection, deduction management and proactive risk analysis
• Assess customer credit worthiness and authorize customer credit limits based within approval levels while recommending authorization for limits above approval level
• Monitor changes in economic, industry and customer conditions and maintain communication with various business units to evaluate potential changes to customers’ credit worthiness (risk tolerance) and credit limits.
• Elevate visibility of customers with significantly increased exposure and/or risk.
• Customer service – internal and external
• Manage/mentor Credit Administrative staff along with overall responsibility of their job functions.
• Lead continuous improvement, including: processes and systems within the credit admin group
• Oversee metrics for Credit Administrative staff to ensure they are useful tool in managing the business
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
• BS degree in Accounting/Finance or business field preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit.
• Minimum 1 year leadership/management experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• CBA – NACM Credit Business Associate (preferred but not required)
• CCRA – NAM Certified Credit Risk Analyst (preferred but not required)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and other productivity software tools
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• 10 key experience
• Deals well with change with ability to handle multiple shifting priorities
• Solid leadership skills to include setting objectives, monitoring performance and communicating feedback on a regular basis
• Demonstrated experience in driving change and maximizing efficiencies
• Excellent research and analytical capabilities
• Solid negotiation skills
• Must be adaptable to a changing environment
• Solid collection skills
• Business Acumen (Economics, Accounting)
Additional Company Information:
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.