Logistics Operations InternApply Job ID 12513 Date posted Feb. 26, 2019 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Part time (PT)
The logistics division of Quad/Graphics, QuadExpress is responsible for moving billions of pounds of time-sensitive freight annually. As a consultative partner, we design customized solutions to deliver our customers’ freight, whether that’s by road or rail, air or sea.
Are you entering your junior or senior year of college? Are you looking for a great way to apply your courses and gain real-world experience? Are you looking to earn a few bucks while simultaneously earning course credit? If so, QuadExpress is looking for YOU!
QuadExpress (a wholly owned
subsidiary of Quad/Graphics) is seeking summer interns to join our growing team
in Naperville, Illinois. Interns will
rotate through an interdepartmental program, gaining exposing to multiple roles
within the quickly growing logistics industry.
Candidates will gain experience in many of the following areas through
our rotational program:
- Provide onboarding support to Carrier Sales Representatives
- Analyze and monitor open shipments for delivery issues and support
- Negotiate carrier rates and secure carrier capacity
- Generate customer benchmarks for sales professionals
- Utilize Microsoft Excel skill set to analyze data and identify areas of
- Manage and adhere to budgets during process of event planning
- Assemble data sets and analyze findings
- Introduction to advanced analytics tools such as Tableau and BiPortal
- Assist station team in planning and executing conferences
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Must be a driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated individual
- Quick learner who is successful at multi-tasking
- Must be a team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.