Staff AccountantApply Job ID 21083 Date posted Nov.. 23, 2021 Location Naperville, Illinois Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
HAUListic, formerly QuadExpress, is responsible for moving billions of pounds of time-sensitive freight annually. As a consultative partner, we design customized solutions to deliver our customers’ freight, whether that’s by road or rail, air or sea. In 2021, we joined Mullen Group, Ltd., one of Canada’s largest logistics providers and updated our name to HAUListic. Quad is working with Mullen Group to facilitate the seamless transition of all business matters, including continuing recruiting efforts and support for the growing business.
Mullen Groups’ network of independently operated businesses provide a wide range of service offerings including less-than-truckload, truckload, warehousing, logistics, transload, oversized and specialized hauling transportation. The acquisition aligns with Mullen Groups’ strategic growth plans to advance their technology services and expand into the U.S. logistics market. HAUListic will benefit from being part of Mullen Group, which is a like-focused company dedicated to superior logistics services. It’s a great time to join our team!
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for consolidating and analyzing financial data, prepare and review financial documents, and manage company month end closing duties. Performance of financial transactions and posting to the general ledger, with strong attention to detail.
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Maintain and update accounting records and files, as well as conducting month-end and year-end closures and preparing financial presentations for management
- Reconcile transactions in Balance Sheet accounts, and prepare internal audit documents and analysis
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to a Sr Financial Analyst based on sound analysis
- Assist Sr Financial Analyst with annual budget and reforecasting processes, but updating presentation files quickly and accurately for fast meeting turnarounds with management
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basis
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance or business field preferred but not required.
- Proven working experience as a Staff Accountant, Analyst or relevant role in accounting, logistics industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases and MS Office. MS Excel knowledge is required, must be very good with spreadsheets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including reporting and presentation.
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting, corporate finance and information analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent research and analytical capabilities
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment
Additional Company Information:
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Creative customized postal and distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time.