General Manufacturing $16 - Nashville, TNApply Job ID 16432 Date posted Jan. 13, 2020 Location Nashville, Tennessee Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, occasionally stack bundles onto boxes or tie strap and then box the bundles.
- Move product with a hand jack
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
- Remove skids of product using a hand jack .
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Read and understand skid tags – i.e. bundles per row, rows per skid, type of skid required, and tied or boxed bundles.
- Empty trash into proper waste compactors.
- Change out paper waste containers when full.
- Keep press supplies handy. (i.e. making boxes)
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a hand jack or Big Joe lift
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb) as needed
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a jogging table
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs.
- The ability to use a hand jack or Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently or as a crew in a fast paced environment
- The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension. A passing color-test score is also required.
- The flexibility to work 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, overtime, and holidays.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.