Press Operator - Skilled
- Nashville, Tennessee
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience in the printing industry as Roll Tender.
- Understanding of Operations to carry out instructions.
- Familiarity with Safety Program, administration of policies and procedures, directing and dealing with employees, resolving work issues. Ability to evaluate the performance of the department and employees.
- Willingness to update skills on a regular basis to keep abreast of rapidly changing technology.
- Highly publicized function that requires excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Requires frequent interactions with employees, managers and vendors.
- The problem solving aspect of this job alternates unexpectedly between problems on the printing processes, presses and problems as reported by employees at all levels. This position requires independent thinking and strong analytical skills, along with the ability to observe, recognize and resolve practical problems.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access/retrieve information, troubleshoot problems and for use of hand-held tools.
- Physical requirements include hand coordination, bending, walking, climbing, and standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping, pulling, pushing, and overhead reaching.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, peripheral, and depth perception.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Drug Free Workplace