$2000 New Hire Bonus Manufacturing Laborer 1st & 2nd Shift
- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by your team and everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking First shift and Second Shift Finishing Laborers work in our In-Store Productions operation in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for operation of laminating equipment and guillotine cutter, working with a variety of substrates, laminates and adhesives.
$2,000 Sign-On & Retention Bonus for a Full-Time Manufacturing Employees
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for set up and operation of hot and/or cold seal laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digitally imaged products.
- Set feed speed, pressure, and/or temperature for optimum production rates, trims pieces, and visually inspect finished samples to insure customer quality standards, and requirements are met.
- Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of guillotine cutter.
- Access job files/set up information via computer.
- Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
- Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions. Inspect for quality.
- Assist with blade changes on machine.
- Load and unload stock.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on finishing equipment.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, press operators, prepress operators, customer service and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 1st Shift. 8 hours - 6:30am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
Hiring for 2nd Shift. 8 hours - 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Large format printing background and/or prior finishing/laborer experience preferred.
- Previous experience on Seal machines or similar mounting/laminating equipment preferred.
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace