Digital Press Operator - 2nd Shift up to $20,000 relocation
- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is currently seeking 2nd Shift Digital Press Operators to work in our Quad Instore facility at Glendale Drive in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for producing quality printed sheets, boards, or rolls. We offer paid relocation help to candidates with prior experience. Up to $20,000 paid relocation, temporary living assistance, and travel home opportunities. *speak to a recruiter for details.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and troubleshoot multiple digital presses; Flatbed and Roll Presses – HP Turbojet, EFI/Vutek presses, and Inca Onset devices.
- Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Perform color matching of supplied material.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is essential.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 2nd Shift. 8 hours - 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
- All equipment operations are controlled via computer interface. Position requires the ability to navigate through multiple computer screens quickly and efficiently.
- Computer software application experience in a prepress environment and experience in digital color control, color manipulation, and experience operating HP, Vutek, or Inca Onset presses a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and strong computer skills may be considered.
- Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and quality and safety oriented.
- Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be available for overtime during the week, and on weekends when needed.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace