Digital Press Operator - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID 19167 Date posted Apr. 05, 2021 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking 2nd Shift Digital Press Operators to work in our Quad Instore facility at Glendale Drive in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for producing quality printed sheets, boards, or rolls.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and troubleshoot multiple digital presses; Flatbed and Roll Presses – HP Turbojet, EFI/Vutek presses, and Inca Onset devices.
- Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Perform color matching of supplied material.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is essential.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 2nd Shift. 8 hours - 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
- All equipment operations are controlled via computer interface. Position requires the ability to navigate through multiple computer screens quickly and efficiently.
- Computer software application experience in a prepress environment and experience in digital color control, color manipulation, and experience operating HP, Vutek, or Inca Onset presses a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and strong computer skills may be considered.
- Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and quality and safety oriented.
- Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be available for overtime during the week, and on weekends when needed.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.