Digital Press Operator - New Berlin Glendale DriveApply Job ID 25203 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin
Quad is currently seeking 2nd, and 3rd Shift Digital Press Operators to work in our Quad Instore facility at our Glendale Drive in New Berlin. The Operator is responsible for producing quality printed sheets, boards, or rolls. We offer paid relocation help to candidates with prior experience.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and troubleshoot multiple digital presses; Flatbed and Roll Presses – HP Turbojet, EFI/Vutek presses, and Inca Onset devices.
- Accurately interpret, document, and communicate diagnostic feedback from equipment and act upon information to resolve production, maintenance and repair issues.
- Perform color matching of supplied material.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Command of technical vocabulary and the ability to communicate effectively with electronic prepress, press operators, customer service, vendors, equipment technicians and customers is essential.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 2nd Shift and 3rd shifts (8 hour shifts). Overtime and weekends as required.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
- All equipment operations are controlled via computer interface. Position requires the ability to navigate through multiple computer screens quickly and efficiently.
- Computer software application experience in a prepress environment and experience in digital color control, color manipulation, and experience operating HP, Vutek, or Inca Onset presses a plus. However, candidates with offset experience and strong computer skills may be considered.
- Successful candidate must possess solid organizational and problem solving skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with little or no supervision.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and quality and safety oriented.
- Ability to apply written instructions to job set-up.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, walking, standing, stooping, pulling and pushing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be available for overtime during the week, and on weekends when needed.
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.