Entry Level Machine Operator - 3rd shift
- New Berlin, Wisconsin
More than just another employer, we pride ourselves on being a company with a soul. Quad’s culture is built on a rich legacy of passionate, innovative people always striving to find a better way. As a global marketing services provider, Quad leverages worldwide capabilities and leading-edge technology to help brand owners market and distribute their products more efficiently and effectively - transforming the industry with the combined power of digital and print.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, careers at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility as you gain the skills and confidence to advance as our platform evolves. Join the Quad team today and develop your career – work side-by-side with skilled professionals, operate multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, and experience first-hand the values that have guided us from day one. Work hard, move fast, contribute new ideas and proudly wear Quad Blue!
- Full Time and part time positions
- 8 or 12hour shifts
- Level: Entry to Skilled
- Paid Vacation
What makes a successful Machine Operator at Quad?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Goal-oriented 7
- Motivational 5
- Team Player 6
- Innovative 5
- Results Driven 8
- Confident 7
- Problem solver
Everado - Press Operator
“Running a machine is all I wanted to do when I started. I am thankful that I was able to learn a new career and have new opportunities at Quad.”
Learn More About Us
Join Our Ranks – Advancement, Culture and Innovation
Meet Rondell – CareerPath to Success with Quad
Innovate – Quad’s Corporate Values
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you’ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done – something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Entry Level Machine Operators
Quad In-Store is a Quad company that provides in-store marketing materials and programs for many of the nation’s leading retailers and brand marketers. Quad In-Store offers extensive production expertise and resources to develop attention-getting, sales-driving shopper marketing programs in conjunction with other Quad solutions. From design and prototype services through large-format printing, finishing operations and customized kit packing, Quad In-Store works with retailers and brand marketers to create a destination in-store.
Quad In-Store is currently seeking entry level machine operators to work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. Machine operators are responsible for set up and operation of finishing equipment, including but not limited to: Die Cutters, Guillotine Cutters, and Stock Mounters.
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and operation of various finishing equipment to customer specifications.
- Inspect product to determine conformity to quality specifications.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Read and understand job tickets.
- Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects.
- Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments equipment as needed.
The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement. Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary. Mechanical aptitude and excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Prior Machine Operator experience and proven familiarity of finishing equipment is desired.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
- This position is for 3rd shift: 10:00pm - 6:30am Sunday - Thursday with weekend and overtime hours as required.
Additional Company Information