Finishing Machine Operator - New Berlin Moorland RoadApply Job ID 25030 Date posted Jan. 23, 2023 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin
Quad In-Store is currently seeking entry level and skilled machine operators 3rd shift ($17.50 - $19 / hr depending on experience) to work in our facility on Moorland Road in New Berlin. Machine operators are responsible for set up and operation of finishing equipment, including but not limited to: Die Cutters, Guillotine Cutters, and Stock Mounters.
Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform set up and operation of various finishing equipment to customer specifications.
- Inspect product to determine conformity to quality specifications.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Read and understand job tickets.
- Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects.
- Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and production adjustments equipment as needed.
The ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement. Receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects, performing repetitious tasks in a fast-paced atmosphere with or without a reasonable accommodation is necessary. Mechanical aptitude and excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required. The ability to perform basic math calculations is essential. Prior Machine Operator experience and proven familiarity of finishing equipment is desired.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written comprehension is required
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
- This position is for 3rd shift Mon - Fri. 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Drivers & Logistics
Create customized distribution solutions to move freight on-time, every time, delivering on customers' needs.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
The importance of caring for one another, runs deep. It is at the heart of our healthcare and wellness programs, our retirement plans, all of our benefits. It's how we build rich, balanced lives for ourselves and our families, at work and at home.
From the very beginning, Quad has been defined by the people who work here. Our values, our skills, our creativity – it has all grown from those very first days in business, passed from worker to worker, built on the relationships – the trust – between us. All the presses, computers and technology; all the buildings; all the resources; none of it matters without the people who make Quad work.