Finishing Operator 1st & 2nd ShiftApply Job ID 19168 Date posted Apr. 05, 2021 Location New Berlin, Wisconsin Full Time / Part Time Full time (FT)
Quad is currently seeking Second shift and Third Shift Finishing Technicians work in our In-Store Productions operation in New Berlin. Operator is responsible for operation of laminating equipment and guillotine cutter, working with a variety of substrates, laminates and adhesives.
The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for set up and operation of hot and/or cold seal laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digitally imaged products.
- Set feed speed, pressure, and/or temperature for optimum production rates, trims pieces, and visually inspect finished samples to insure customer quality standards, and requirements are met.
- Perform machine set-up, adjustments, and operation of guillotine cutter.
- Access job files/set up information via computer.
- Scrap excess material post-cutting and place finished work on designated pallets.
- Verify and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with job instructions. Inspect for quality.
- Assist with blade changes on machine.
- Load and unload stock.
- Move work-in-process to and from the machine via electric pallet jack or forklift.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on finishing equipment.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, press operators, prepress operators, customer service and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
Hiring for 1st Shift. 8 hours - 6:30am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
Hiring for 2nd Shift. 8 hours - 2:30pm-10:30pm Monday - Friday. Overtime and weekends as required.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Large format printing background and/or prior finishing experience preferred.
- Previous experience on Seal machines or similar mounting/laminating equipment preferred.
- Experience with forklift operation and/or other material handling equipment a plus.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Categories at a glance
Explore available opportunities by job type, click each to learn more.
Develop sales strategies to help solve our clients’ challenges and grow their business.
Concept and design compelling campaigns and products for leading retailers, publishers and brand marketers.
Develop plans to buy and schedule media to support clients' marketing objectives from print to digital media and broadcast.
Gain real-work experience through internships and trainee programs with strategic entry-level opportunities.
Make an impact in strategic administrative roles that include information technology (IT), accounting, legal and marketing.
Make quality print products in a highly automated and technologically advanced environment.
Be part of a team that drives our success.
Electrical & Mechanical
Be a problem solver and join a team that ensures our facilities, offices and equipment are running efficiently.
Manage client relationships and their projects from within a facility, creative studio or in the client’s on-site location.